What is this document all about?
This policy explains how we (Mega Supa Market) processes and uses the information (personal data) that a buyer provides to us to facilitate a purchase of a product/item sold by us on our platform.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
We are the data owner in respect of your personal data that is necessary for you to buy something from us. The data that you will provide us includes the following:
- Full name and surname;
- ID number;
- E-mail address; and
- Telephone number;
- Delivery address.
- Credit card details which will be stored by PayFast.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH THE DATA
We will not be selling your personal data. However, we might need to share your data with a third party.
When will we do that?
- With our service providers that assist us in making sure we fulfill our obligation to you. For example we need to share you details with our courier company so they can deliver your products to you.
- If you do not pay your debt, we will need to share your details with a third party who will collect the debt on our behalf.
- With third parties in order to combat fraud or criminal activity; and
- If we receive a request from a Regulator to supply information, to comply with legal orders and any other request to support auditing, compliance and corporate governance.
How will we protect your data?
We are committed to ensure that all reasonable controls are in place to protect your information. This includes information security safeguards, controls, processes and technology to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorized access or processing of your information. We will periodically evaluate the controls in place to make sure that they are working as intended.
How long will we retain your data?
We are required under law to retain your data for at least 5 years for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
What rights do you have to your data?
You can access your personal information to make sure that it is correct, make amendments or exercise any right that you may have under applicable information privacy laws.